It wouldn’t be wrong for us to claim that the Masters Golf Tournament is one of the biggest golf events in the US and has been so for decades. It was first held in 1934, originated by Bobby Jones, and has continued to take place annually during the first week of April in Augusta, Georgia.
Since it mostly has professionals playing, you’re in for a real treat. But naturally, you should go prepared for an event of such magnanimous importance. For those who’ve just started planning, here’s everything you need to know:
When and Where Is the Tournament Held?
As stated earlier, the tournament takes place in early April. This year, the first practice round begins on April 5th and the tournament concludes on April 11th. It takes place at Augusta National Golf Club in Georgia.
Is It Easy to Get Tickets?
The answer to that question depends on your luck. A limited number of tickets are released through the Augusta National website through a lottery system. You may have to cross your fingers and keep trying for a while to get these.
What Should I Bring with Me?
Besides the essentials that you always carry with you during travel, make sure to carry a light, portable chair to claim your spot early. Also, don’t forget your sunscreen and camera (for practice rounds only!).
Some Additional Tips That Might Help
- Don’t take phones or cameras to tournament rounds; they’re not allowed.
- Look out for the picture line near the first hole.
- You’ll find the pairings sheets in a green box near the main entrance.
- Cameras are only allowed from Mondays to Wednesdays (still no phones); make the most of this opportunity to take memorable pictures.
- Decide on a meet-up spot for your group. Finding people without phones can be very hard at the venue.
- Buy souvenirs earlier, or the best ones will be gone.
- Don’t miss the Par 3 contest on Wednesday; it’s one of the best parts.
- Dress fashionable but sensibly, keeping the weather in mind. Comfortable shoes will be lifesavers.
Have you managed to get tickets to this year’s Masters? If not, that’s okay; keep the golf enthusiast in you entertained with other endeavors. For instance, you could drive golf carts!
If you love everything golf, you will absolutely love the new Bintelli Beyond Street Ready Golf Car that we have in our inventory.
We have some of the best golf carts in Naples, Cape Coral, Fort Meyers, and Estero, FL.
Keep your chin up and get in touch with us to learn more about our golf carts!